Georgetown, DE 19947
The SJK House is a single family residence that provides transitional housing services to a family with minor children for a maximum of two years. The program promotes homeownership and requires the family to participate in financial counseling, credit counseling and enroll in a homeownership program. The family must be employed and able to pay all living expenses including a monthly rental fee, utilities and other household expenses.
- Employed single or two parent family with minor children
- Must provide evidence of steady work history
- Must be willing to participate in all program requirements
- Must have a verifiable rental history
- Must complete a criminal background check
- Maintain a alcohol and drug free household
- Maintain a clean and orderly home subject to monthly inspections
Preference will be given to:
- Couples, married with 2 to 4 children
- Single parent families with 2 to 4 children
- Families who have previously been in the Crisis House, Northport or other emergency shelters or transitional housing programs and are ready for a homeownership program
- Families who are presently in public housing and receiving comprehensive case management and are ready for a homeownership program.
- The house is occupied at this time, however if you wish to find out about admission to the house, please contact us at scchs@comcast-net