204 E. North Street
Georgetown, DE 19947
Northport Transitional Apartments is a five unit building which houses five single-parent families with minor children. Admission criteria require that heads of households be working at least part-time and enrolled in an educational upgrade or training program. Such programs could range from remediation to college level courses. Additionally, they must be willing to participate in all program activities. Parents must be employed sufficiently enough to afford rent, utilities and living expenses. As in all our programs, staff provides the residents with a variety of advocacy services designed to facilitate and expedite the achievement of family self sufficiency. Historically, the resident have learned quickly to “juggle” the multiple responsibilities of work, school, children and home management. Residents are assisted in resolving credit issues and striving toward housing independence. The maximum length of stay at Northport is two years.
- Single head of household with minor children
- Employed and attend training classes
- Able to pay rent, utilities and living expenses
- Pass a criminal background check
- Maintain a clean and orderly home subject to monthly inspection
- Maintain a alcohol and drug free household
- Complete a comprehensive application and undergo screening interview
- Willing to participate in the program workshops and case management
activities provided by the agency
- There are no openings at this time, however any individuals interested in submitting an application may request one by contacting us on email@example.com.